jueves, 14 de enero de 2010

Barefoot Cinderella 8

“I’ve got it” The princess snapped her fingers in tune with her metamorphic smile

“There is an international conservation forum I know he’s attending as an official observer, my brother won’t mind if I replace him. Conservation and the environment are something we have in common. We can meet and talk in an official capacity about something neutral then if I drop something intimate into the conversation”

“I see you do not need me for much longer. I’ll drop by the kitchen to have a quick chat with our friend.

“The cook” surmised the princess.

“Of course I needed someone here to look after you. She’s being dying to make the wedding cake for ages.”

“Traditional I suppose with lots of dried fruit”

“Well some things do need to stay the same.”, winking one more.

The women bid each other a warm farewell as the mist swirled around them. The queen breathed a sigh of relief as she saw the gauze cloud swirl towards the palace kitchen and five minutes later her daughter burst into her chambers. She was radiant.

Bringing their heart-to-heart to a close her mother said,

“I will speak to your brother about the conference, I’m sure he will be delighted to get out of it he wants to organize the Olympics which is more suited to him. Then I will leave the details of arrangements to the royal courtiers. I will say nothing to your father until you have spoken to the prince then we will decide what and how much he should know. I am glad you have come to your senses, though no rushing and no contact with the prince until the conference. Relax, do a few more royal duties and get your spirits up.

It had been the longest wait of her life, the conference had been interesting and she had found an ideal project which also connected to the first exhibition.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario