domingo, 3 de enero de 2010

Barefoot Cinderella 3

The following afternoon the princess went to visit the cook and she smiled to herself as she saw the look in the princess’ eyes.

“You’re in love” and the princess blushed and smiled gently

“Is it that obvious?”

“It always is with everybody?” the cook assured her. Look at you, normally you come in here in a flap about something, arms flying, today you’re hugging yourself.

“I feel so different, it’s delicious the difference.

“It is a wonderful feeling like discovering a new dish that becomes a firm favourite. However will he meet the royal standards? Does he know who you really are?”

“I don’t think so”
And going on to defend her paramour, he’s intelligent very, attractive very ,very and giggling like a fifteen year old rather, rather sexy.

“Now, now” counselled the cook while wagging her finger and grinning,

He’s cultured with delightful manners we’ve visited lots of places; museums, castles, exhibitions, the theatre and had a couples of quick trips to Paris and Copenhagen, lots and lots of talking and lots of walking.

“Well, what’s the problem?”

“I just don’t seem to be able to find the right moment to come out and tell him.”

“The longer it takes the harder it gets and deception isn’t a good start.”

“I couldn’t agree more but it’s more incognito really. I mean who’s going to be themselves when they know who my royal persona is? Anyway intuition tell me he’s holding back too”

“Is that what you’re worried about? It might be your imagination playing tricks.”

“Could be but I think I’m being followed? ”

“Are you sure? Paparazzi?”

“They’re always around.”

“Do you use your bodyguard?”

“No I’ve been slipping away, you know I hate being stifled. “

“Well be careful. You’ve not done as many duties there are rumours flying around the palace as to what you are up to?

“People who always gossip have boring lives. I’m going now I’ve got a date tonight.”

The princess kissed the cook and left happy to have confided in someone. As she wandered back to her chambers, to do her royal administration before heading out to her town house base, her mobile bleeped it was an old friend.

“Had she heard the news?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario