domingo, 26 de julio de 2009

Safe, Imparting, Dreamt Dreams 3 more poems

SAFE

Oh Oh - Shining star
Shining more and more but hard to see
But deep down thou art
In my heart. I can feel
right through to the glowing of my skin
And with sin Original and mine take pity
And save a lamented soul
An ignorant fool like me
that spirit precious as a dove
Came down to save us all
After the fall - Save came at birth
Save late even after vile hate
But shining than lovest all
And given us faith and strength to see
Thank you for saving an ignorant fool
like me. Jan 1981

IMPARTING

That blessed day it came at last
When I had the courage to say
That I had found my faith
Not sad but glad
Not ashamed but proud
Not trying to convert by
Verbal violence or persuasion
But by showing by the actions of my like
that by being a Christian
Life can be fun and happy
Through sacrifice and caring
For not only the ones own love
But desire to hate also. Jan 1981

DREAMT DREAMS

Distant Dimmed Dreams
reach to rescue to resuscitate
the victim lonely lifeless and limp
Garrotted in the woven web
Cold careless and colourless
Sullenly situated amid stagnating still sadness
A closed cramped calm
quietly killing care and creativity
Bare brittle barren houses
Hollow and homeless
A pained powerful prison
Dreaming now desperate
Memories now urgent
push permit and plan
Desirous draining decisive discovered
way through way forward way out
Relaxing rising resurgence
happy helped hopes
Merry merged memories
Daring driving dreams. Summer 1991

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario