sábado, 18 de julio de 2009

In Loving Memory of My Darling Daddy

This year in March I lost my beloved father Brian. Always key in encouraging me to write, from my earliest memories of telling me bedtime stories as a small child to never dismissing my dreams to be a writer. However it was while he was in his last days in hospital that a young Chinese nurse commented on my father’s beautiful sincere smile. It was true, open and honest and it made me remember of all the times in the last year when I returned home after work or running errands I could see him in his chair sad and worried, and as soon as he saw me his face opened into that warm wonderful smile. The very same smile when he used to say how much he had enjoyed his meals, during these last month’s looking after him I loved cooking all his favourites, the classics. Sadly now only memories, beautiful and simple, but without doubt lovingly etched on my heart for ever.

My Darling Daddy
Who are you who has left me so blue,
Who always taught me to say what was true
My darling darling daddy.

Tidy and Neat Dignified and discrete
In life as in death
I know you don’t want me to weep
But to keep to your vision and values true
I will always love and miss you
Brian my darling darling daddy.

Julie

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario