jueves, 31 de diciembre de 2009

Barefoot Cinderella Intro

I haven’t uploaded anything onto the blog since the end of the summer for no specific reason other than sorting out life. This year I finally completed the editing of a a short story which I submitted to the Bridport competition but did not gain a mention however there were over 14,500 stories entered. I had to wait for the results so as not to violate the competition rules as I had decided to publish on my blog if unsuccessful which I will upload in sections.

Way back in the spring of 2001 I found out about Bridport and it inspired me to write a short story on fantasy theme. Ever since I became interested in the role of fairy tales and their significance, discussed in an earlier entry, I wanted to develop a series of stories based on modern issues. This one questions the role of modern women, great progress has been made though too many women still run themselves ragged trying to juggle family, homes and career and that perhaps ancient wisdom still has a lot to tell us.

I found it a challenge and was fascianted by the metamorphisis from original to final drafts. It was a positive and building experience to do the editing, developing my skills and more specifically my increased awareness of the process as a result of this not forgetting the satisfaction of completing a manuscript and submitting despite the result.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario